If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Sunday 13 March 2011

Hello World

Well, that about sums it up. Hello to any and all out there in blog land.

This is my health and fitness journal. It’s my way of documenting what I eat, when I exercise, how I feel both mentally and physically. It’s about me giving out my favourite tips when it comes to training and nutrition. It is not a weight loss journal. At least, not primarily.

This is about living a healthy, fit, long life.

So… in that theme…

Why here? Why now? Why write this blog at all?

Why here? I’m not really sure. I’ve tried this before and it never really happened. I have many online journals, the only one I seem to write in somewhat constantly is my LJ, but writing about health and fitness just never seemed to fit there. That’s about other stuff. Different personal stuff. So… here I am.

Why now? That’s an easier question to answer. In 2 months tomorrow I fly out for a Conitki tour of the USA. Los Angeles to New York City. About 6 weeks give or take of being on the other side of the world. I have been there before. Lived there actually, for 3 months working in a ski resort while I was at university. I loved it. I also know how much ‘bad’ food I ate and how much weight I put on, even when I skiied and snowboarded almost constantly for the last 6 weeks, and walked everywhere. So I don’t want to do that again.

I’m not really aiming for weight loss before I leave. I’m not worried about what the number on the scale says. But right now I feel a little flabby. The pants are a little tighter (and a size bigger) than I would like. I know that I can look and feel better. I want to be able to party my way across the USA feeling sexy. I want to have fun dancing the nights away and having an amazing time without that little voice in the back of my head, (I’m sure we all have one), that is questionning how I look in the numerous photo’s that I’m sure will be taken. I want to be able to rock a bikini on the beaches of Miami, and I want to be able to fill a suitcase with amazing clothes from all the shopping I will be doing. I plan on taking an almost empty suitcase :D It will be summer and I want to be able to wear amazing skirts and dresses without my thighs rubbing together. (I’m not sure how successful that will be. Even when I was a small size I have always had bigger legs). I want to be able to show off a trim, toned figure.

This blog is not about weight loss, although I will celebrate every kilo that I lose. It’s about making my life healthy again. It’s about upping my commitment to the gym, running and the pool. It’s about rekindling my love of cooking good, nutritious food. It’s about getting out of the rut I’m in at the moment and into the groove I was in while I did my presonal trainers training (and isn’t that a great sentence?).

So there you have it. The hows, why’s and why nots. The ins and outs of this blog.

Tomorrow my backstory. Just how did I get to here.

No comments:

Post a Comment