If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Friday 8 February 2013

Back into it!


I finally made it to the gym yesterday. I went to work for the lunch session, from 12-2, then went to the gym straight from there. Well, after I went home because I forgot to put a shirt into my bag. I packed my bag while I was running out the door. So I packed my sneakers, my tights, sports bra, socks, Iphone, and headphones. I had to run home to get my shirt, and my weight gloves. Then I got to the gym and realised I forgot my towel. *facepalm* oops. Oh well. I got an hour in (cardio and weights) and burned 521 cals. I'm a little sore today across my shoulders, arms, and the top of my back. A little less sore across my chest. Surprisingly my legs don't hurt at all. I really thought they would be. But yay for not being sore.

via swisse.com.au
via sydney.concreteplayground.com.au

So, on Wednesday I finally signed up for the Newcastle Color Run. One of my Contiki friends set up a team so I joined her team. It was my idea to do the run, but Nat's idea to make the team. Morag signed up yesterday. It'll be so fun to do this run with friends. It's the weekend before my birthday, so I'm thinking of making a weekend out of it. Maybe doing dinner/movies/girly day the Saturday before. I can't drink the Saturday night then run the next morning, but I'd like to make a weekend out of it. Do a combined birthday/color run weekend.

I'm gonna start to train for it come Monday. I always feel like Monday is the best day to start things. I don't know why, but I do. Stupid I know. I've got plenty of time though, which is good.

I think I prefer my gym scales to mine. My scales said 86.6kg this morning. My gym ones said 85.2kg yesterday at lunchtime. And that was after breakfast and lunch. So, I figure I'm at about 86kg. I'd like to get to around 70-75kg by the time the color run comes around. There's 12 weeks between then and now. I know when I start to run again I'll lose the weight a little faster. I'm still keeping my food diary on mfp, but I need to clean it up a little. I've been looking for clean recipes online, and I'm gonna use the weekend to come up with a meal plan and shopping list. I'd like to cook on Sunday, then be all set to start everything from scratch on Monday. 

Off to make a timetable for study/workouts/sleep/work aka life, eat some lunch (very bad, but craving party pies with tomato sauce), and study :(

Have fun people :D

No comments:

Post a Comment