If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Thursday 1 September 2011

Spring is Here!!!

And I, for one, am glad. I know that the spring equinox isn't until the 23rd but, thanks to the British, who don't know how to handle the Aussie heat, they decided that our seasons will start on the first of the month. So, being the 1st of September, it's finally Spring. And what a day to start. The sun is shining, it's a clear blue sky outside, very little breeze, and the air is warm. I'm loving it.

But, this post isn't about the beauty that is Spring. Unfortunately.

It's the first of September, so that means an update on my stats for my weight loss/exercise health and fitness challenge. But first I have a confession. I did so well that first week, then I hit the weekend. And had a minor (or not so minor if you read my LJ), breakdown. I went on a huge binge eating rotation for about 2 weeks. Chocolate, chips (crisps), lollies (candy), the works. And no exercise. It has only been this last week or so that I've gotten back on track. I'm going to be upfront about this. There's no point in lying to anyone, especially not myself. There's a few things I need to clear up for myself. Reasons why I went on a binge, and the feelings that I had around that. But, until I get that sorted out in my own head, I won't post anything on here.

But, being the first of Spetember, here are my measurements for today:

Weight: 81.3kg or 179.235 lb
Calf: 37.5cm or 14.7637 inches
Thigh: 66.5cm or 26.1811 inches
Hips: 110cm or 43.3070 inches
Abs (belly button): 86cm or 33.8582 inches
Waist: 83cm or 32.6771 inches
Chest: 95cm or 37.4015 inches
Bicep: 32cm or 12.5984 inches.

Overall I've lost 0.6kg or 1.32277 pounds. For someone who really didn't do anything I'm pretty amazed. Ok, so I have been doing something. Once a week (and twice last week) I teach a 50 minute spin class. But that's about the only exercise I've been doing.

I have also lost 9.5cm or 3.74015 inches. So I'm pretty happy about that. I have re-evaluated my original goals though. I said 12kg in about 12 weeks. Clearly that's not going to happen. Not only that, but I won't be able to afford to go to the Gold Coast in November, so I'm not so focused on a specific date. I'd still like to be at or under 70kg or 154.323 lbs by December. That's the start of our summer period.

This coming week I want to get my exercise under control. I don't care too much about my eating at the moment. I find if I focus on too much at the same time, everything goes out the window, so I need to focus my attention on one thing and one thing only. This week it'll be about my exercise. Once I get that under control, I will then turn my focus onto my food, with exercise only needing a little focus.


I love this picture! This is what spring is about for me. New life, new beginnings, and new opportunities, even more so than the New Year.

Enjoy your spring southern hemsiphere. I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment