If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Blogger Challenge Week 11

Oh My God. I can't believe that the 12WBT round 1 2012 is almost over. It really doesn't feel like it's been 3 months yet.

Whirlise has asked us to reflect on these last 11 weeks so here we go:

1. How are you feeling about the 12WBT program now that you have almost completed it?


I'm still not sure about the program. For me, doing what I do for work, I feel like 1200 cals isn't enough food. When I work on my feet for 10 or so hours, continually on the move, and then I add exercise on top if that, I think my body think's it's starving itself. My fitness level has gone up, but I haven't dropped weight. I think I'm going to need to eat more. I've always been one of those people who ate lots, so I think maybe that's why I didn't lose the weight I wanted to.


2. Looking back on what you wrote in week 1, did you achieve all that you were hoping to?


No, sadly I didn't. I didn't lose nearly the weight I wanted to.


3. Did you find that blogging was beneficial to your 12WBT journey? Will you continue to blog once this round is over?


I was blogging well before I started the 12WBT and will continue to blog (hopefully) long after I finish. i find blogging helpful for everything, not just the 12WBT. It helps me be accountable, it helps me vent frustration and anger, and it helps me see things clearly. I guess it's a bit like a journal.


4. Did your exercise go according to plan or did you have to change it around compared with what you wrote in week 1?


I did exercise with a bit of everything like I said I would. But I didn't exercise nearly enough.


5. How did your greatest strength help you this round? Was it as you thought it would be?


My greatest strength did help me, in that I was determined to do the whole round, and I did. I didn't give up when I realised I wasn't losing weight like I could have. 


6. Did your fears that you outlined in Week 1 come to pass? How/how not?


Maybe? Kinda? I'm not sure. My fear was failing. And while I didn't lose weight, I didn't give up. My fitness has improved and I feel better, so I guess I can count that as a success, and not as a failure.


7. What was the most valuable lesson you have learned from this program?


Listening to me. Listening to my body and not listening to what everyone else says. I know my body. I know what I feel like when I am, and am not at my best. 


And the value of a schedule :D


8. In question 9 of the week one challenge question, you wrote about your downfall. How did you go with this challenge over the last 11 weeks?


I guess I'm always going to struggle with this, being that my downfall is me. But, I can do it. I did do it. I just have to do it more continuously.


9. What is your biggest achievement since the start of the program? What are you most proud of?


I think signing up, and sticking with Boot Camp. It's very cold at 6am, and driving 25mins to go to boot camp when I would much rather stay in bed is counted as a win in my book.


10. Will you be coming back for another round of 12WBT?


Right now? No. I don't think so. I a few more rounds? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment