If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Saturday 30 June 2012

Shopping, Shopping, Shopping

Ok, so I spent more money. And I know I shouldn't have, but everything had sales. I did restrain myself though. I didn't buy more clothes. Just 2 pairs of shoes. And a handbag. But I needed them all. I did, I promise.



How pretty is this? I love the colour. It's more bright green than the blue in person, but still... I love it. It's big enough that I can put everything in it. My umbrella (I bought it last week when it was raining and I went house looking. It's an essential that never leaves my bag now), a water bottle, wallet, sunglasses case, notebook and pen, my Kindle. Almost anything else I can think of. It's great. AND... it come with an extra strap to make it a cross body bag too. I love versatile items. And I think the colour just makes it pop. I've been wearing a lot of plain colours lately; black, blues, white etc. This just give my look that bit of colour it was missing. I'm in love haha


Don't you just love these? I've never really been into the whole ballet flat thing. Every pair I've tried on only came about halfway up my toes, and looked terrible. I just never got the feel for them.

These on the other hand? They're comfy, and have a solid sole so I don't feel like I'm walking on the ground instead of in a pair of shoes. I really needed a pair of flats that weren't sneakers, thongs (flip flops) or my boots, as much as I love, and live in, all 3. These fit the bill perfectly. Now to get a new outfit to wear them with. Oh I know I can wear them with anything, and I will, but a new outfit never goes astray either.




How gorgeous are these? Out of all the heels I've owned, I've never owned a pair of red pumps. Never. I mean, I have a pair of red strappy heels that I love, but these... I'm in love. Again.

I needed a size 10 though. I have big feet. Well, kinda. Usually I run somewhere between an 8 and a 9, depending on the shoe and designer, and height of the heel. I have wide balls of my feet which makes getting into sky high heels difficult. So, along with the shoes, I had to buy insoles and heel grips so that I don't walk out of them. They're maybe 1 cm too long, but that is all fixed with the insoles and heel grips. Yay. Although I guess being 5'8 comes with the side effect of having big feet. 

I will definitely need a new outfit to wear these with. I mean, I have black pants and skirts and dresses to wear with these for a pop of colour, but I think I might need something else too.

But, no buying any new outfits until I have a job. My money is slowly but surely running out. Damn this whole needing to eat to stay alive thing. Everything would be so much simpler if I didn't have to eat. 

But, eating at home will be cheaper than eating at the hostel. I've been living on pasta's and rice and the like. Too much carby goodness. When I move into the house I'm going to go back to not having carbs after lunch (like bread, rice, pasta and potatoes). I did this while I was getting my PT qualifications and I felt so much better. I lost weight too, but I didn't have a scale so I don't know how much. Just feeling better was a positive in and of itself.

I talked to my mum today. On Skype. It's hilarious. My mum is so not technical at all. I mean, seriously. She messages me when she can't get something to work on her phone, her laptop, the internet. ANYTHING!!! It's something I hope never changes because it's something uniquely her. She is a bank manager, a mum of 2, my life coach, best friend, go to person for advice on anything, but she can't work technology. Give her a new phone and she has trouble working it out.

Today, she had trouble with Skype. So, we're chatting on Facebook, and she's asking me questions, while she's downloading Skype. Then it won't work. So she's asking me what she did wrong. Um... I don't know, I wasn't there while you did it. Well, I was, but on the other side of the world. Haha. So she uninstalled it, re installed it, and away we were.

We chatted for over half an hour. She was in her PJ's with the morning program on tv, having breakfast, and I was in the dinning hall, munching on an afternoon snack. It was great to catch up, even if she did leave me watching tv while she went to the bathroom. Literally, she picked up the laptop, and turned it until I could see the TV. I couldn't understand it though haha.

She actually stood up to my grandmother for me on Wednesday (her Thursday). She was on her way to Sydney for an awards ceremony thingy that she was nominated for (she didn't win, but still), and she was on the phone to my grandmother. Now I love Gran, I really do, but she just rubs me the wrong way sometimes. She's never let me live it down that I didn't finish my Law degree. She always make little comments about it, even though I finished my Arts degree with a psychology major. 

My cousin was doing a course for his job (he works in the underground coal mines), and he failed the course. He has an easy way out though, he can pay $100 or so and just re-sit the exam. So, mum used the opportunity to ask her about me and my law degree. Turns out Gran thought that I could just re-sit the exam, and I had just quit. She didn't realise that I actually had to redo the whole unit and pay $1000 to do it. And that, without that unit, I couldn't finish my degree. Now I attempted that unit twice in the same year (it's offered both semesters), and failed it both times. Because I failed the assignment that stipulated 'pass this or fail the course'. Now, I passed overall. I kicked ass in my practical where we had to stand up in court and argue a case in front of 3 professors including our lecturer. But, I failed, (by 1 and 2 marks each time) the assignment. So I failed overall. And there's only so many times in a row I can fail like that before my pride kicks in and says enough. 

Apparently she didn't know that. And, like mum says, I didn't advertise it. It's not something that sits well with me. Yes, I've failed before, but I've always been able to just dust myself off, and smash it the next time. But not this course. But, like I told mum, she never asked either. She just assumed. She does that a lot. And ok, she'll be 72 in October, but she could still ask occasionally, instead of just thinking the worst. 

So, I love my mum for doing that. And she bought it up, not Gran. 

My sister and dad before I left for Canada
My sister is bringing her boyfriend home next weekend to meet mum and dad. She got into school the next town over from home to do her prac teaching (she's studying history and English), and he wants to be able to come visit her while she's home, (prac goes for a few weeks), which I think is nice. So, he's coming with Holly next week to meet the parents. 

He seems to be good to her, which is better than the boyfriend from last year. He was an asshole, to put it mildly. He treats her well, gives her flowers, calls her when she's not there. All the sappy stuff it should be. Too bad I'm missing out on interrogating him though. Could have been fun. 

I'll have to take some photos of Vancouver. I've been here 2 weeks and haven't taken a single photo, other than of stuff I've bought. Will have to rectify that this weekend/week. If I'm not doing anything (eg still don't have a job), I will have no excuse. And it's not like my camera doesn't live in my bag anyway.

Gotta run

D xo

1 comment:

  1. I love the red peep toe pumps! So cute! I think accessories are totally necessary. I understand that you needed them!

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete