If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Monday 2 July 2012

Moving House!

So, today I moved out of the Youth Hostel, and into my house. Well, basement suite anyway. But, it's more of a home than the youth hostel, so I count it as a win.

It's in Kitsilano, just across the bridge from downtown Vancouver (technically the West End, but semantics). About 15-20 minutes by bus to get from the bus stop across the road to the skytrain station in Burrard St. It's a great spot and it seems like it'll be a great place to live.

Kits beach looking across to Downtown

After moving in (what little I had, there's not much in a suitcase) and unpacking said things, I set off to find a grocery store. Luckily there's a Safeway a few blocks up the road from me, and a fruit/veggie place across the road and down the block. I walked to and from Safeway, and I won't be doing that again (the walking home part) when I'm laden down with bags of groceries. What was a nice walk to the shops was a horrible walk on the way back. The bags were heavy and made my hands hurt. 

But, I now have groceries, so I won't starve to death :D It was cool, overcast and a little windy here today. I'll have to go for a walking tour and take some photos to post on here. And reply to some emails.

Still job hunting. Hopefully something will come through soon though. It's Canada here today, and I was going to head into Downtown and have a look at the Parade but I didn't. I did get up for breakfast with my youth hostel rommie and have a Canada Day breakfast before I left though.

Well, off to bed. Hopefully I can start to explore a little more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment