If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Sunday 27 January 2013

Back To School...





Back to school... (you're singing it like Adam Sandler now aren't you?)

Ok, so maybe not quite, but I am going back to university. And while class doesn't officially start until the 25th of Feb, I've been obsessively checking the university website for the unit information (things like lecture notes, assessment guides etc) to be up. And last night I found the Math and Biology ones are.

Which, for math, is a good thing for me. You see, I haven't studied math since I graduated year 12 (8 years ago), and looking at the notes for uni, it's like reading Japanese to me. I mean, I recognise the questions, I've seem them before, but I have no idea what it's saying. Like

y = f(x) = x2 + 2x - 1 = 2

Ah ha, I completely understand that.... not.

I'm looking at this stuff and I'm already worried. Especially because if I don't pass math I can't complete my course. My whole course is riding on this one unit!!!!

ARGH!!!!

But I'll get there. I just have to have faith that I can do it, and devote my time to it.

Oh well, at least biology looks easier to understand, and I still remember what I did in chemistry in high school.

I need to come up with a timetable. One that includes study, gym and work. I'll do it sometime this week I'm thinking.

So...as I said before I really want to get out of my hometown and move into a city. Ideally Sydney, but I'd move to Newcastle, or even Melbourne.

So, as I do, I look a little too far into the future, and I've been looking at acting and dance classes. I've always felt a pull towards the arts like music, drama and dance, just like I've always felt a pull towards sports and being active. Most of the acting classes though, they want you to audition. And I'm not looking at it as a career. I mean, if someone was to offer me a job as an actor I wouldn't turn it down, I love acting, but I just want it to be something I can do more as a hobby. And a lot of the dance classes I'm finding, particularly in Newcastle, are for kids, or advanced adults who want to do it as a profession. Now I love dance, but I don't want to do it professionally. I'm sure there's classes out there, I just have to do some research and find them.

image via heraldsun.com.au

But... I'm getting ahead of myself.

I'm trying to study my math now (I bought the yr 12 HSC excel textbook, but I think I'm going to need the yr 11 one to help me learn some of the basics again). It's not really happening. I have Tangled on in the background (did I mention I'm a big kid and a little addicted to Disney movies??? No, well I am). I keep watching it instead of doing my study...


Oops :D

But I love this movie. I love the horse, and the way he and Flynn fight. It's funny. Disney always leaves me with a smile on my face.


I'm having a girly day with M tonight. When she finishes work later tonight she's coming round and we'll do dinner, and maybe have a few drinks. We'll do a movie marathon, and gorge ourselves on too much junk food, maybe paint our toenails or do face masks. It'll be fun. It's been ages since we've been able to do this. Not since before I left for Canada. She works days, and I've been working nights, and when I have time off she doesn't and vice versa. It just hasn't happened. Sometimes all you need is a girly day/night.

Can't wait... it'll be so much fun :D It always is when we get together.


No comments:

Post a Comment