If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Friday 25 January 2013

Girly Day

What's a good way to beat the 'return home' blues???

A GIRLY DAY!!!

I had an appointment with my hair dresser this morning. It's been booked since before Christmas, and I needed it when I booked it, so I definitely needed it now. It was dry and brittle at the ends, and my streaks had grown out so much that I really noticed it, even when it was freshly washed. (My hair is a reddish blonde, so when the blonde foils grow out it's not always noticeable).

When I sat down in the chair, my hair dresser asked what I wanted and I replied with 'anything'. So, I had about 2-3 inches cut off, and a side fringe cut into it. It's been years since I had a side fringe (long one), and I think I was about 8 or 9 when I last had an actual fringe. It's going to take some getting used to. I also had copper and blonde foils put through it. The copper is quite noticeable right now, but after a few washes, the colour will settle. For some reason, the colour doesn't fade in my hair, it just settles.

I didn't take a photo of my hair before I had it all cut, so there's no real 'before and after' comparison, but there is a 'during and after' shot :D

During
After


I also had an at home spa day. I used a face mask and read a book while it dried, used a yummy smelling nut body scrub in the shower, made my own foot spa and gave myself a mini pedi and painted my toes.


My pretty bluey green toenails :D They've been purple or red for weeks, so this is a nice change
And.. what girly day is complete without chocolate...
I'm slightly obsessed with this chocolate. It's got things in it that remind me of pop rocks, and smarties and it's awesomly amazing!!!



It's been a good day. I'm heading to work in about an hour, but having the day to laze around and be girly has been a really good thing. My head is definitely in a better space. Today was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment