If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Thursday 22 March 2012

2011 Retrospective

I saw this on someone else’s blog the other day and I just had to do it myself.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you’d never done before?
A Contiki tour of the USA. Explored New York and LA on my own.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?I don’t think I made a resolution last year. My resolution this year is to get healthier, and make the most out of the time I have in Canada when I get there.3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my sister’s best friends had a baby boy in December
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit?
USA
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in 2011?
A fitter, healthier me.
7. What dates from 2011 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I don't remember specific dates, but all of the 6 weeks that I spent in the USA. I met some beautiful people, had some amazing experiences, and had some great adventures in new places.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The USA on my own, and starting with PT.
9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I had a failure. I like to think of everything as a learning experience. Maybe not losing the 10kg that I wanted to before I went to the USA
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nope. I don't tend to get sick.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
I don't know. I love my Guess handbag and wallet. And I love my 2 peep toe shoes.
12. Where did most of your money go?
On the USA and into savings and off my HECS debt
13. What did you get really excited about?
My trip to the USA (do you see a theme here?)
14. What song will always remind you of 2011?
Cupid Shuffle by Cupid. Reminds me of New Orleans
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Neither.
– thinner or fatter? About the same.
– richer or poorer? About the same.16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Exercise and healthy eating.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Eating crap food. Spending money
18. How did you spend Christmas?
With my family at my Grandmother's.
19. What was your favourite TV program?
I didn't really have one.
20. What were your favourite books of the year?
Didn't read much of anything actually. I need to work on this.
21. What was your favourite music from this year?
A mix of everything. I heard a lot of new music.
22. What were your favourite films of the year?
I saw so many this year. And I loved a lot of them.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 24. I didn't do anything special.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't think anything would have made my life alot more satisfying. If I was fitter and healthier I would have enjoyed the USA even more than I did.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
I still love the classics, but am starting to lean more towards colour than just black and dark colours.
26. What kept you sane?
Music and friends. Looking forward to my trips (2011, and 2012) so I didn't go mental and quit the job I hate.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2011.
It's never too late to experience anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment