If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Blogger Challenge Week 6

Wow, halfway through the 12wbt. It's gone so fast. It seems like no time at all since we were eagerly awaiting for the very first pre-season task to be open so we could start this journey to the new us.

It's definitely been a roller coaster ride for me. Ups and downs, not only in my weight, but also in my habits.

So, Whirlise has created, yet again, the perfect set of questions for this weeks blogger challenge. All about the adjustments we have made over the last 6 weeks or so.

1. What adjustments have you had to make to your exercise regime over the last 6 weeks? I.E have you upped your weights, can run faster/harder, or gone up to a new fitness level in the 12wbt?

I really haven't made any adjustments to my exercise over the last 6 weeks. To be brutally honest, my exercise has been sporadic at best. There are weeks when I have been really on the ball with it, loving seeing the calorie burn I get at the end of a workout (my HRM only shows my cals at the end of the session when I look at the overview), and how I feel. Other weeks the only exercise I have been getting is at work, or the dancing around the living room/bedroom I do on a regular basis.

This will change over the next 6 weeks. I owe it to myself.

2. What have you changed in regards to your food intake? I.E. do you follow Mish's plan to the letter or have you had to alter it due to dietary/family needs?

I have generally been pretty good with my food. I don't follow Mish's plan to the letter. I alter it to suit my work times, and what I already have in the fridge/freezer/pantry, but I try to stick to the 1200cals, or as close to, as I can the majority of the time.

I love the feeling I get when I eat properly. I have some great recipes under my belt now, and some that I use fairly often (the pancakes and hoisin stir fry mainly), and I feel so much better when I eat like this than when I eat crap. My body thanks me for it.

3. What is the difference in your mindset? I.E are you more confident? More happy in yourself? Do you still struggle to get out the door for your workout?


I wouldn't say that I'm more confident, or happy within myself. I've always been a fairly confident person, and I've never been one to base how I feel, or what I do, think, or say, on my appearance. I think this may have actually attributed to my weight gain, because I was never a 'do I look fat in this dress' etc kinda girl.

I still struggle to get in my workouts, but I can remember how much better I feel afterwards. I still occasionally have a junk food binge, but now I just get back on the wagon, and the feeling of being so full of crap that I feel physically sick is enough to make the next binge just that little bit smaller.

I guess overall my outlook on food has changed the most. And, if nothing else changes, not my weight, or my dress size, or my exercise routine, I will be happy, and thankful to Michelle and the 12wbt, for making my food choices better.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment