If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Wednesday 4 April 2012

Blogger Challenge Week 7

This week's topic... MOTIVATION!!! Or lack thereof.

Generally around this time, people tend to lose some enthusiasm... It's just one of those strange things that seems to occur at the same time each round.


So, how about a little pep-me-up?


This week I want you to paint a picture - Why did you join the 12wbt? What has been your biggest achievement to date? What have you struggled with? How can you overcome these issues?


Why did I join the 12wbt? Well, this is what I said back in February:


I joined the 12wbt primarily to lose weight. I know about exercise. I know about healthy eating. I'm a PT. But, I needed someone to be accountable to. I needed some new recipes. Some new meals that are healthy, cheap, easy and quick to prepare. Also, I'm moving to Canada, one of the fittest nations in the world. And, call it shallow, but I want to look good when I get there.


I still stand by those reasons, even if I haven't been super great with my exercise. I have found some great, and some not so great, recipes. I have had to be accountable week in and week out, lose, gain, or plateau. So, my reason's haven't changed in the last 12 or so weeks since I joined up.

Biggest achievement? I'm really not sure. Maybe learning to listen to my body. To realise that eating all the junk food and crap I was shoving down my throat on a regular basis was doing more than just making me fat. Realising that I didn't have to feel bloated and horrible all the time.

Struggles??? Where do I start?

I guess my primary struggle is lack of support. My mum was going to do the food part with me and after a few weeks she stopped. So I have to wait until mum and dad have cooked their dinner before I can cook mine, and then I have to deal with dad's snide remarks and little comments. It doesn't matter if I'm walking out the door to exercise, if I'm putting it off for the day because of work, or if I'm eating something (good or bad, it doesn't matter), he makes some little comment that just makes my confidence plummet.

I really can't do anything about it though, and that's the worst part. If I say anything to him he gets the shits, storms off and mumbles under his breath like a 5 year old. If I say something to mum she says something along the lines of 'well, he think's he's encouraging you. Just ignore him'. Yeah, easier said than done.

For the next 5 weeks, I'm just going to put my head down, block out all the harsh, and hurtful comments, and do what I need to do. After all, I'm doing this for me and no one else, so why should I let what other's say or think stop me from doing it?

Thanks Whirlsie for the great question. You always know what I need to address. I'm wondering if you have spies in my house haha.

xo D!

1 comment:

  1. Oh that really sucks about ur dad.... It's hard when you don't get the support you need. Those little comments can cut so deep.

    I know ur doing amazing, keep it up!!!

    P.S. no spies from me lol

    ReplyDelete