If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Wednesday 14 March 2012

Inspiration

Now, as everyone knows, I've been having little trouble getting my head in the right space over the last few weeks. I haven't been exercising or eating like I should have been, and my weight loss (and in some weeks gain) have shown it.

So, after reading Cassey's post (definitely go check out her site, she's ah-ma-zing!) on inspiration boards, I just had to make one. So, this afternoon, I made 1. Well, more than one actually. I have 2 on my computer and, because I'm a hard copy kinda girl, I also printed out a while heap of things and pinned them onto a pinboard which is hanging on my wall. (Head here to see some of what I used. Make your own pinterest account. You'll be amazed at what you'll find.)

So, after a few hours of playing with the photos, working out which ones I wanted, finding the right display, and the right layout, this is what I came up with:


So, this is my fitness based one. Let me explain a little:

SLEEP: I need more of it. Working the completely strange and unpredictable hours that I do, I never get enough. That needs to change.

Danneel Ackles: She's about my height, and has a similar body type to mine. While I will never look like she does (or that good in a jumpsuit), she is what I strive for. My fantasy end goal if you like.

Quotes (and the like): I am always interested in what people have to say, especially motivation quotes. They keep me going at the gym when I need that little push.

Plane: Travel in general is my craze. I want to go everywhere, see everything, experience all the world has to offer. And I'm off to Canada in 3 months time.

Lillies: I am in love with lillies. My mum sent me some for my 21st birthday and I fell in love with them. Now everytime I see or smell them they make me smile. We need to learn to take time out for the little things.

Gymnastics: a little reminder of what I used to be able to do, and what I hope to do again.

Bath: A reminder to take some time out. Some me time if you will.

Buddah statue: Not about religion, and not about meditation. Just about remembering who you are, and what you want out of life. Being aware of yourself, and not letting everyone take pieces of you so you're left exhausted and with nothing at the end of the day.

Model: fitspration. Enough said.

Food: fresh food. The best way to eat it. A visual reminder to eat more of this and less of the junk.

Puddle jumping: Remember to take some time out to be a kid. Don't let the responsibility of being an adult bring you down all the time. Remember to have some fun.

Sunshine: I don't get out enough. Also, I'd love to have a view that demanded a wall of glass like that.

My other one is more a 'what do I want out of life' kinda board. It has alot of the same pictures in it, with a few more. Malamute puppies, kittens, animals in general, things I want in a house of my own, more flowers, more fitness pictures and more quotes.


The one on my wall is purely fitness quotes. Motivations for me to get out the door. It also has my 8 and 12 week fitness goals underneath it on the whiteboard.

What inspires you to get out the door? Do you need some visual reminder of what you want and what your commitments are to get you out the door or are you just intrinsically motivated?

No comments:

Post a Comment