If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Monday 1 August 2011

Hellooooo August

Can you feel the sun starting to peek through the clouds? Can you feel the winds starting to pick up? Can you feel the heat starting o arrive and the coldness starting to leave? Well, if you're in the southern hemisphere you possibly can. For those of you in the northern hemisphere enjoy what you have left of the warm weather. I can't wait for it to appear on a more permanent basis here. After a horribly windy, and cold week, I'm loving the re-emergence of the sun.

In honour of the emerging sun, and the warmer weather starting to make an appearance I have decided to embark on my own health and fitness/weight loss challenge. Spring is just a little over 4 weeks away, summer a little over 4 months away. The weather is starting to get warmer, meaning less clothing, less coverage, and more skin. Less clothes, and more skin = slot more self consciousness. I'm not someone who is overly concerned about how I look, but there looks like there's going to be a Contiki reunion on the Gold Coast in November, so that means bikini's and shorts. So... yeah...

I'm going to limit the crap in my diet, notice I said limit not eliminate, and exercise like crazy. Or... more than I have been lately. And I'm going to post it all for you here. Everyday. For at least a week. What I eat and what exercise I do. For the next month. At least once a week, hopefully more than once a week, I will post what I do exercise and food wise. Just to show you what personal trainers do. To prove to you that we're not perfect. There are days that we struggle to eat properly. Days we struggle to get out of a warm bed and into the gym, or pool, or out for a run. I am going to share my struggles and successions with you.

And... I am going to be a little brave. Although you guys can't actually see me, and I'm safely hidden behind my laptop screen and my blog name, it's still a big deal...

Deep breath and here I go...

I am going to post my stats here for the whole world to see. My weight and my measurements. I won't update that every week. I like once a month, probably on the 1st. There's more to see that way. It takes more than a week to see good, decent results.

So, here are my stats for Monday, the 1st of August.

Weight: 81.9kg or 180.558 lb
Calf: 38.5cm or 15.1574 inches
Thigh: 67cm or 26.3779 inches
Hips: 112cm or 44.0944 inches
Abs (belly button): 86cm or 33.8582 inches
Waist: 84cm or 33.0708 inches
Chest: 97cm or 38.1889 inches
Bicep: 35cm or 13.7795 inches

There, that's out in the open. It wasn't quite as scary as I thought. But still... seeing those numbers there in black and white definitely put a fire in my belly. Both my weight and my measurements are higher than I would like.

In the next 3 months (by the end of October) I would like to be down to 70kg. That gives me 12kg or 26 pounds to loose over 12+ weeks. It's deinitely do-able.

So, here's what happened today:

My food was pretty good. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all pretty healthy. However, I did eat some lolly banana's so that was my bad thing for the day. I'm not too stressed about it. It's only day 1.

I managed to do day 1 of week 1 of the c25k program. I've done this program before, and I really like it. I probably don't need to start right at the begining, but it's been about 3 months, give or take, so starting from scratch allows me to ease back into it.

After a run, I also managed about 30+ minutes of weights. I was in a little bit of a rush because I had to run off to work, but I hit every major muscle group: hams, quads, calves, abs, back, shoulders, biceps and triceps. However, I didn't manage a long stretching session. I love my stretching sessions. My background is in gymnastics, so I like to take a really, really, really long time to stretch everything out. I love the feel of really stretching everything out. It wakes me up and calms me down at the same time. I usually spend 30 minutes at the end of a session. However, today I only had 10 minutes before I had to rush out the door, shower and head out for work.

Tomorrow I'm doing some shopping. And the fun sort of shopping, the one that involves clothes and shoes (sneakers not heels unfortunately) and maybe some makeup. Fun. There will be no formal workout tomorrow. I think shopping, driving and walking will be enough after today.

Have fun. Will update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment