If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Tuesday 2 August 2011

Shopping, shopping, shopping...

Ok, so no formal workout in today... just like I said there probably wouldn't be.

BUT... I did do alot of walking, and trying clothes and shoes etc on so I think I got a decent cardio workout in. I really should invest in a pedometer to see how many steps I take everyday. It would make me feel less guilty when I don't get a formal workout in. Does anyone else get like that? Guilty when they don't do something on their 'to do' list? I do. Maybe it's just me.

I, stupidly, skipped breakfast this morning because I was running late. I had to pick M up at 8.30am, and I was at the pertol station at that time filling up my car. Petrol's getting so expensive. I'm glad I don't do alot of travelling long distances. I wish that it wasn't so cold or dark when I leave work at the moment because I'd walk to work instead of driving. Maybe as it gets warmer. Except the odd days when I have to open or close. It's creepy when I have to open or close the gym. It's quiet, and dark, and super creepy. I keep expecting someone to be hiding in the shadows between the buildings or hiding in the toilets when I lock up. Especially when we park out the back and there's only one spotlight off the building.

Anyway... back on topic. So I missed breakfast and I ended up pulling into McDonalds and getting a bacon and egg mcmuffin (which I felt a little bad about) and a hot chocolate (because I don't really like or drink coffee). M wanted a hot chocolate too so I probably wouldn't have stopped if I was on my own.

When we finally made it to our shopping destination (a little under 2 hours later. Sometimes I hate living in small towns) the first place we hit was The Body Shop. I love this place. Everything is so luxurious and good for the world. So much free trade, and it's so good for you too. It's a little expensive, but I've come to the conclusion that sometimes you're better to pay a little more for some things. I bought a day lipstick... something I've been wanting to buy for a while. I needed a colour I could wear during the day that wouldn't look overdone. I don't work in an office or the like, so I needed something that wouldn't look out of place, something that was natural but just a little more colour. I found my colour. And it's such a nice lipstick to put on too. It just feels nice, not sticky or heavy or anything like that.

After that we hit an underwear shop. And I spent a small fortune. I needed it, and I bought lots of pretty stuff. Who cares that I'm the only one going to see it (except for my neighbours when I hang it on the line. The joys of being single), I deserve something pretty, so I decided that I was going to buy something pretty. I bought lots of pretty. And I tried on so many types and brands and styles. It's amazing how your sizing can change depending on the style and materials. I will have to do alot of throwing out of stuff from my underwear drawers later. But it was worth it. I tend to keep stuff until it's falling apart of the like before I buy new stuff. I'm going to have to get over that and just buy new stuff and throw the old stuff out.

I got a start on the throwing stuff out over the weekend actually. I went through my drawers and closet and now have a garbage bag of clothes and shoes I no longer wear to go to charity. It makes me feel better that they're going to charity, and there's a little more room in my closet.

After my hour+ I spent underwear shopping (and spending enough to make M laught at me because when I couldn't decide between 2 I bought both) we headed to the food caught for lunch. I am in love with Sangas and Spuds. It's sooooo good. I had a Ranch Salad. Not quite as healthy as it sounds but still alot healthier than alot of stuff in food courts, and healthier than M's McDonalds. Basically a ranch salad is lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cheese, croutons, shredded bacon, onion, chicken (either grilled or crumbed) with ranch dressing. This time it had a little more dressing than I usually like but it was still sooooo delicious. I wish I knew exactly which Ranch dressing they use though because I've never tasted one like this one. There's just something different about it.

After lunch, and a nice long girly discussion (you have to have those) we headed to the shoe store. Unfortunately it wasn't for heels or the like, but for a new pair of runners. And an actual pair of runners rather than cross trainers. They're so cool... I will post pics later. Possibly tomorrow.

After a look through JB for movies and music (and neither of us bought anything) and a me buying a dress that I got for half price because of all the discounts I had lying in the bottom of my handba,g it was time to go home.

It was so nice on the way home with the sun streaming in through the front windshield. I wanted to be like a cat and curl up in the sun somewhere and nap for a while. It would have been such a nice thing to do. I remember the cat I had as a kid (we had to put her down when I was 19. We'd had her for 15 years) would curl up on the window sill in the sun. I want to be able to do that. Curl up in a sunny spot not fit on the window sill.

It was so nice to have a day off and not have to stress about work or what I need to do or what I wil be doing tomorrow. Things like that. It's nice to have a day of fun and relaxation. I will have to do this more often, although with a lower price tag. ALOT lower haha.

All in all food wasn't that bad today. Dinner was simple: chicken schnitzel and oven fries. I should have had something green in there, I haven't really had alot today, but I just wasn't feeling it. Cleaning and work tomorrow so I'm going to go and have a nice, hot shower, and curl up in bed with a good book.

Night

No comments:

Post a Comment