If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Thursday 4 August 2011

Long, long day.

I have been looking at houses. Not to buy, well, they're for sale, but I, as of right now, have nowhere near the amount of money I would need to put a deposit on one of these beauties. And I'm not even talking multi-million dollar places. *sigh. Why does overseas travel have to take so much of my money? Oh, that's right, I like to buy clothes when I go. And makeup. And shoes. Usually I need to buy a second suitcase too. So that's where it goes. Hmmm. Oh well. I like to travel and see the world and a pair of heels from New York, or a pieve of jewellery from LA is much better than some cheap souvineer that I'll throw out in a year or so's time when I get sick of dusting it.

Anyway... I like to look at houses and apartments. I'm reaching hte stage, (actually, I've been here for a while, I just haven't had the means to do it, nor the job to support me), where I am ready to move out of my parents house, and into a place of my own. Don't take this the wrong way, living with my parents can and, on alot of occassions has been, really good. There's the rent free place to stay for a start. But then there are the downsides. My parents still, alot of the time, treat me like I'm a kid. Not someone who is nearly 25. My dad in particular always wants to know who I'm talking to, or where I'm going. He does it to my sister too. And then when we mention a name, he doesn't know who we're talking about. Because both my sister and I have been, or currently are, at university, so we know hundreds of people. And while we may not talk to them all the time, or about them alot of the time, mentioning names of random people to my parents doesn't help them know who they are. Or you tell them something about someone and they forget within the hour anyway. So then we get frustrated with them, they get frustrated with us, and you have a big ball of tension in the house.

Other than my parents (I'll come back to what I have discovered about myself and my relationship with them later), my sister is at home too. She lives on campus at the uni about 3.5-4 hours away, but she's studying high school teaching. So she spends more time at home (on prac) than she does at the uni. Which means that we spend entirely too much time together and we rub each other the wrong way. For some reason my sister is 21 going on 14, with a whole lot of boy troubles, and friend troubles, and she gets cranky with me when she asks for my advise and what I give her isn't what she wants to hear. Along with that, my parent's need to know everything about everything (my dad mainly), causes her to get cranky because dad always has something negative to say, which then just makes the whole house cranky because he makes mum cranky, and when she's cranky, everyone's cranky. It's a never ending cycle.

So, back to the house looking. I want to get out. I need to get out. But I can't affod to buy just yet. And I don't really want to rent. That, and I have just started a new job and I'd like to get some money behind me before I think about moving cities. Doesn't mean I can't look to get a feel for the market and what's out there, and how much it looks like it's going to cost me. Plus it allows me to look at how much of a possibility it is that I'm going to have to do some renovations. Generally it's the bathroom or the kitchen that I decide need to be re-done in some way. Or the place is in need to some bigger, or just more, windows. So even more money needed.

Ahhh, to dream.

Anyway, back to reality.

I didn't get my exercise in today. I was just lazy. Yep, you read that right, I, the personal trainer, skipped a workout today, because I was lazy!

I had every intention of going. I had a personal training session (a client of mine, not me being the client), this morning at 10am. Then at 11am we had a photo thingy for our local paper. I was organised. I had my new runners on. I had a change of clothes in my bag so I could go and workout straight after I left work. I had over 5 hours before I had to be back there to actually work.

But I didn't go. I went home. I sat on the couch. I looked at houses I can't afford. I checked my emails. I had lunch. I'm not sure what else I did but it wasn't much.

Then I went to work, cleaned every piece of equiptment we own twice. I vacuumed our stupid floor with our stupid vacuum cleaner that doesn't like to work 3 times. I moved benches and weights etc around. So I felt like I had done something. Just not enough.

I'm not too worried though. I know I've set a precedent for the week and I probably wont get another workout in, but I don't really care too much. I've been eating well, and drinking at least 1.5lt of water a day. That's a good enough start for me, especially when I'm working with clients and hauling gym equiptment around.

Gotta shower and head to bed. Covering a shift for my boss tomorrow. And it was supposed to be my day off too. I was going to pamper myself. Oh well. Money's good too.

Enjoy your Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment