If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Wednesday 3 August 2011

I Have New Shoes!!!


I now actually own runners. Not cross trainers, but actual running sneakers. This may not sound like such a huge deal but let me explain...

From the time I was about 3 or 4 (when I was old enough to hold a tennis raquet) I have worn plain old, ordinary, everyday sneakers or cross trainers. I always played some sort of sport, or participated in some sort of group fitness class while also running. I may have mentioned this before but I have played tennis, field hockey, netball, soccer, touch football, and numerous other field sports over the past 20 odd years. Plus I have done just about every Les Mills group fitness class. When I was at university I practically lived in my sneakers (particularly in the winter). So, as you can see, it was more practical for me to have cross trainers. I also have shoddy ankles (thank you netball and gymnastics) so the extra protection was worth it. Now, I only run/go to the gym. No sports. No group fitness classes. Although I do miss both. But, no need to have cross trainers. Hence the acquisition of new runners.

They're so much lighter than my other sneakers. It's amazing. I'll be able to run so much better without the weight of my shoes holding me back now :D... maybe.

Anyway... I bought these yesterday on my shopping trip. You can't really see too well in the picture, but they're a silver colour with pink highlights (if that's the right word). I don't like white shoes. At all. No matter what they are. I don't like them. Anytime I buy shoes that have white parts I scuff them up almost immediately. But I don't have to do that with these ones. They can stay nice and clean and new looking for longer because I'm not stepping all over them, or scuffing them in the dirt so they don't look so blindingly white. Yay!

Today I was sort of lazy. My food has been good. Pretty much no processed foods. I made a cheesy pasta bake with chicken today before I went to work. I had some for lunch fresh out of the oven fully planning to go to the gym when I had somewhat digested it, but somewhere time ran away and before I knew it it was time for me to get ready for work.

I don't feel too guilty for it though. I did instruct an hour long spin class tonight too. I may have had a serve of the pasta bake for dinner too though. I was starving! I really haven't had alot to eat today. I really should go tomorrow though but between a pt session in the morning, a photo thingy for the local paper at lunchtime and working tomorrow night, I'm not sure I'll get there. I'll see.

If you have never done a spin class I beg you to go and try a few out. Notice I said a few. Unfortunately, spin does take a few classes to get into, not to mention the bike seats are uncomfortable, so you really can't just do 1 and say "I don't like it". You need to give it a few goes, and even try a few instructors out, to see what you like. Every instructor is different, and if you do freestyle classes, every class is different. I know my classes are always different. I only have basic instructions written down for each song, so I play it by ear a little and each class is different, if for no other reason than I can't remember what I said the last class.

It's also a great cardio burn. You really shouldn't ache too much the next day either. I remember my first spin class, and I came out thinking that I wouldn't be able to walk the next day, but it was my bum that hurt, and that was from the seat. You're legs may ache a little but nothing major. I find that I would ache more from a bodycombat class than spin.

That's it from me tonight. I'm off for a hot shower, and bed. Night

No comments:

Post a Comment