If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Tuesday 14 May 2013

Day 14: Things that make me Happy!!!

Animals!!!


All animals but really, baby, fluffy animals. (Insert kitten and husky pictures, puppies, tigers etc)
I don’t have an animal at the moment (and I hate it), but I’m still living with my parents and I really can’t have one. Hoping to move out to a place of my own (and a friend) at the end of the year, so maybe I’ll get a kitten then. Not a puppy, as much as I want one. It’s not fair to put a big dog in an apartment/small house etc. And because I’ll  be renting, I probably wouldn’t be allowed to have a dog anyway.

Travel!!!

I love it! There’s something incredibly freeing about being a stranger in an unknown city. You’re free to reinvent yourself if you want to/need to. I love it. And I love doing it, both with friends and on my own. I love soaking up the history, the feeling, the atmosphere, everything about it. The food, the people, the things to do and see. I could wax poetically about it all night, but I really wasn’t good with poetry.

Music

I love music too. I used to play flute in a marching band, and I still play occassionally, but unfortunately that has fallen to the wayside a little lately, but I still have music going as much as I can.. in the car, on my ipod/phone, at the gym, when I study etc. You name it, I more than likely have music going. It's even my tattoo :D

Exercise


I grew up playing sport, and it's followed me into adulthood. There's something about a group sport, or a group fitness class, or a good long run, or a dance class, gymnastics etc, that just makes my heart race, my face break out into a huge smile, and my body pump with joy. I absolutely love it

Movie days

Whether it's going to the actual movies, or staying at home with friends and miles of junk food, there's something about the movies that makes me happy. I don't know if it's the movie itself, the zoning out part, the mix of emotions that movies send you through, the friends I have these days with or something else, but these days are always amazing, and so much fun.

Fresh flowers



I love fresh flowers, especially when you're not expecting them. In particular I love lilies. Even if I have to buy my own, I love having fresh flowers in the house.

Sunny Days


Who doesn't love sunny days? The warmth in the sun, the smell in the air, the long days, the outside activities... I love everything about them 

The water


There's something so incredibly calming about the water, whether it be a river, lake, dam, or the beach. I love being in it, walking beside it, sitting near it reading a book, lazing on the beach, having a picnic near the lake or river. After getting my scuba diving qualifications I am now even more in love with it.

A good book


I always have a book (or 2 or 3 or 100) in the process of being read. I'll read almost anything from fact to fiction, horror to romance, teenage/young adult to the current best seller. Almost anything catches my attention. I love Stephen King, and I love ancient mysteries. I especially love curling up in winter with a book, a blanket, a cup of tea or Milo, and the fire. Best way to have a lazy day, or to end a day.

Rainstorms


I love the smell of rain in the air before it hits, the sound of it on an old tin roof, the thunder and watching the lightning roll in. I love the clean smell after it's gone. I can sit and watch them for hours, and there's no better way to sleep than to the sound of rain on the roof. 

No comments:

Post a Comment