If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Wednesday 1 May 2013

Story of My Life


I'm joining the blog everyday in May challenge this month. As you all know, I've been pretty slack with blogging consistently recently, so I thought this was a great way to get back into it. And she gives prompts everyday, which means I don't have to rack my brain trying to come up with something to say :D

Today's topic: My life in 250(ish) words ( I apologise for the photo's of photos :D)

I was born May 7th, making me a Taurus (the same as my mum), and an autumn baby. I swear though, I should have been a spring or summer baby like my younger sister who was born in September two years later.
My mum and I before my christening
Wasn't I cute?
We lived in a small country town in NSW Australia until I was 10, then moved to a bigger country town. I spent lots of time outdoors, climbing trees, playing sports, swimming in dams, riding horses etc.


My parents, sister and I when I was about 10  (sorry it's on it's side. It wouldn't rotate!)
When I was 16, I did a 2 week exchange to Japan with my high school, where I lived with my Japanese host family, went to school and toured what we could see of the country. This started a lifelong love affair with travelling the world, and seeing, and experiencing, as much of it as I can.


Taken from my window in the plane

I graduated high school in 2004, with plans to go to university to be a lawyer.

My year 10 formal with my 2 high school besties
In 2008, I spent the Christmas break in South Lake Tahoe, working at Sierra at Tahoe ski resort, where I spent 3 months working, learning to ski and snowboard, ice skating, meeting lots of people, and generally having lots of fun. I fell in love with San Francisco and saw the Grand Canyon for the first time.




While I did go to university, and start a law degree, I graduated in 2010 with a Psychology degree.
My sister and I at my graduation
I also did my personal trainer's course in 2010 and loved it.

In May 2011, I traveled, once again, to the USA, this time on a Contiki trip from LA to NYC and absolutely loved it. I met so many amazing friends, tried so many new things, saw my first baseball game, and has an absolute ball. I fell in love with New York City and would love to go back












Then in June 2012, I moved to Vancouver Canada for 6 months. I fell in love with the city and the people and made some great friends. I went to a Supernatural convention where I had photos with the cast, saw the car, met some great people, and laughed harder than I had in ages. I would get back on a plane to go there in a heartbeat if I had the time and the money.

Me and 'baby'
Gastown
Halloween candy
Me and Jared (Sam) and Jensen (Dean)
I also got my first (I say first because there will be more to come) tattoo while I was in Vancouver.


Now, I'm back in Australia, and at university, studying to become an exercise physiologist. I did my first color run this year (loved it), and I'm also currently doing my open water scuba diving course.


So glad I have friends as crazy as I am

The end result of my first color run
Well, that's it. For the minute anyway. I'm sure there are so many more exciting things to come

D!

No comments:

Post a Comment