If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Friday 3 May 2013

Day 3: Uncomfy



The blog everyday in May topic for today.... Things that make you uncomfortable...

When I first started thinking about this post, I wasn't sure there were many things that make me uncomfortable. I mean, I get mad, I get annoyed, I get embarrassed so much that I was to sink into the ground, but uncomfortable? Ummmm.....

It's more embarrassment than anything else, but then, I guess being embarrassed is uncomfortable in itself.

I guess, really, it's other people that make me uncomfortable. Not really things, or situations. It's the things people do, or say, or don't do.

One thing that makes me really uncomfortable is people talking to me when I'm trying to concentrate. Whether it's someone telling me how to drive from the backseat when I'm trying to concentrate in traffic, or my dad talking to me when I'm studying, I get really uncomfortable when I'm trying to concentrate, and someone is breaking it. It usually leads to me getting frustrated and angry and a yelling match ensuing. It usually happens with my dad.

Which leads me to being uncomfortable when people argue in front of me when it has nothing to do with me. It happens at work (the cook and the publican are daughter and father respectively), at the shopping centre, etc. If you need to have a discussion (or argue about it) do it in private. No one else needs to hear about your life, especially at the top of your voices. (I guess this comes from my dad. He has an opinion about everything and if you don't agree with him, he'll argue with you at the top of his voice, regardless of where you are. This leads me to the most embarrassing point lately, that I'll fill you in on when I get to that day.)

Which leads me to swearing. I find it repulsive. It doesn't need to be said, except in certain circumstances. I swore when I t-boned a woman who did a u-turn in the middle of the highway without looking. I may swear a little if I kick my toe on something and it hurts a lot. But not every sentence needs to be filled with f***, or sh*t, ot c*** (this one is heard a lot in my town and I think it's an absolutely vile term). There is no need to do it, especially when there are other people in hearing range.

Drunks make me uncomfortable. Not all kinds of drunks, just a few. The sleazy old men who come onto us when we leave work of a night. The men and women who fight outside clubs and pubs every weekend and are splashed all over the news. The ones who get so smashed they can't see straight, who throw up all over themselves and the sidewalk and think it's funny. The ones who are arrested by police and are swearing at them and fighting them. I'm not sure why they think they look good, but their $200 dress, and $400 shoes don't make anyone look good when you're covered in your own vomit and are being put in the back of a cop car. It just make you an idiot.

People who make a scene in public in general I guess. Whether that be arguing in front of people, getting drunk, swearing, not wearing a shirt when you really should be etc.

Meeting new people makes me uncomfortable, but for about 30 seconds. Once I've met you, and we've started talking, my uncomfortableness (is that even a word?) goes away :D

Being asked to do things I don't want to do makes me uncomfortable, because I can't say no. If I can do something, if it is in my power to help you, and you ask? 9.999/10 times I'll say yes. Usually tot he detriment of what I was planning to do, because I put it off. This has come back to bite me in the butt soooo many times because most of the people I help don't reciprocate. I am getting better at saying no though :D

There are probably more, but that's all I can think of right now. Probably a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment