If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Saturday 4 May 2013

Day 4... Favourite Quote

Asking me to pick a favourite quote is like asking me to pick a favourite book, or song, or movie. It changes on a daily basis.

So, being that I couldn't pick just one, I thought I'd show you a few of my favourites. I have sooo many more on my pinterest board here. Feel free to have a look, take a few if you wish. I'm a little addicted to pinterest, although I'm learning to spend only 1 hour at a time on it, rather than a day at a time :D It's a slow process.

So, here they are, some of my favourite quotes of the moment, and why I love them:



I love Rascal Flatts, and I love this song. It just makes me feel amazing.


Someone once told me that you are scared of things, because they mean so much to you that you don't want to fail, and once I thought about it, it made sense. So for this, to me, if something scares you, you clearly care about it/want it etc. So, if you care that much, you should be trying it. Live your life with things you want.


I love this. It reminds me that what we see is what other people want us to see. Even those who appear to have perfect lives have things going on in the background that we can't see. They aren't perfect, no matter what we are led to believe, and that's ok, because neither are we.


I really struggled for a while with the whole 'you can do anything and everything you want' way that most of my generation have been told growing up. It's taken me some time to realise that, yes, we can do anything we want, but we can't have everything at the same time, and that we can't do everything either. There will always be something we can't do.


Pretty self explanatory really. We are all good at something. Just because we aren't good at what someone else is, or at something we want to be good at, doesn't mean we aren't as smart as the next person. We're just smart at different things.

I think this struck a chord with me because we are talking about my 10 yr high school reunion next year, and there are days where I feel I haven't achieved anything. When I look back at the way I though my life would pan out by the time I was 27/28, it hasn't gone that way at all. But, that's ok. It's only when I look at what I think I should have done that I get upset at what I have or think I haven't achieved. It's all perspective.


At least, you find a new way of seeing things when you get there. I always have a destination in mine e.g. Vancouver, LA, Rome, Athens, but all that changes everytime I go somewhere and experience living in another country. It's amazing. And I always come home with a new perspective.

This!!! This basically describes me, and my drive, desire and passion for travel. There is so much of the world to see and explore, and be a part of, that I don't want to miss anything. I want to experience it all.


Pretty self explanatory. Sometimes we all need a day where we do nothing. Just a time out to sit, and breathe, and remember who we are, what we want out of life, and how we're going to make it happen


Again, self explanatory :D


I love Harry Potter. So much wisdom in these pages :D

And a few more I couldn't leave out. These just speak to me.






One last one, although it doesn't really apply to me because I live in Australia but I love it anyway



No comments:

Post a Comment