If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Monday 6 February 2012

12wbt pre-season task 3

So, this pre-season task is all about goal setting. 1 month, 3 month, 6 month, and 12 month goals.
goals
via pinterest
This task I found very confronting. And I'm not sure why. Why should I feel confronted my writing down my goals? Why should I feel nervous about actually setting goals? Feeling nervous about uprooting my life and moving to Canada? That I should feel nervous about (and I kinda do). I shouldn't feel nervous about setting goals and achieving them.

Is it a fear of failure? Is it a fear of not achieving it? Or is it a fear of actually achieving it? Am I scared of what might happen and how my life might change if I actually do meet my goals?

I don't know and I'm not sure where it's come from. It's something I'm going to have to work through over the next few months.
goals
Via pinterest
So, here's my 1, 3, 6, and 12 month goals. Some of these are pretty vague, partly because I'm not sure where I'm going to be country and city wise in 6-12 months.

1 month

  • Lose 4kg. That's 1kg a week. It is achievable.
  • Make exercise a habit. We have to exercise 6 days a week. In a month, I want that 5-6 days a week exercise plan to become a habit.
  • Make eating fruit as snacks a habit. I need to kick the sugar/chocolate/chips habit. If I can swap these things for fruit, it will go a long way to helping me meet goal 1.
  • Plan my meals of a weekend. I'm doing this 12wbt with my mum so planning my meals for the week, and shopping for the ingredients shouldn't be too bad.

3 months

  • Lose 12-15kg. That's 1 or just over 1kg a week. That's do-able. It's achievable. Especially of my months 1 goals come to fruition.
  • Run 5km, 3x a week. I need to make running a habit too. I like to run, I just get sidetracked and do other things instead of run. I want to be one of those people who run because they like to, who run for the rush at the end. And maybe do a 5km fun run at some point.
  • Exercise 6 times a week. This follows on from my month 1 goal. I want to be someone who exercises 6 times a week, and make it just another part of my week. Like going to work.

6 months

  • Lose 16kg. Again, this is so-able.
  • Keep my weight off and steady. Pretty self explanatory.
  • I don't really have anymore goals for the 6 month mark. I'm not sure if I'll be living in Vancouver, of if I'll be back in Australia. If I'm back in Aus, I'm not sure which city I'll be living in. This makes it hard to come up with specific goals.

12 months

  • I want to be fit, toned and healthy.
  • I want to still be maintaining my 16kg weight loss.
  • Again, I'm not sure where I'll be living so I don't have anymore specific goals.
  • I want to be happy, healthy and fit.

I want to be a size 10. I want to be 65kg. I am about 81-82kg right now. I can do this.
These are my goals. Most are specific. They are all attainable.

Here's to making, and reaching these goals.

GOALS
via pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment