If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Saturday 25 February 2012

SSS workout


Super Saturday Session today. Well, sort of. I have to start work in 25 minutes so it's only a quick update.

We are supposed to try and burn 1000 calories in the Super Saturday Session. I managed 671 in just under 1 hour (58 minutes). I was pretty happy with that. I've never really been sure how much effort I would need to burn a certain amount of calories, so to burn 10+ calories a minute with cardio was a nice surprise.
running....
Via Pinterest
I started with a run. Usually my run is a little longer but today I did the shorter route. Usually I continue running up the hill, then over 2 streets before coming back down and picking up the path that leads back to my house. Today I just folowed the path, and skipped the second part of the hill and the 2 extra streets. I've never even measured the distance, so I downloaded the Runkeeper app, set it up, put my HRM on and off I went.

25:37m later, I was back at home. My run was 3.22km and my average pace was 8:02 mins/km. Not too bad considering I haven't really run for a while. It was a run/walk and it felt good. I burned 317 cals. Yay!!!

Contrary to the above picture, I love to run. And it does give you a nice ass.:D

When I got back home, I decided to do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred DVD. That DVD is tough. It's deceptively simple. The moves aren't hard, not at all. But it's hard to do, especially as you get to the end. As you tire, the moves seem harder, and even a 1kg weight seems incredibly heavy. But it was good. I was covered in sweat. I was puffing. My heart was racing. And it was 30 minutes.

In 33:50m, I burned 354 cals. Yay me. I makes me feel good to actually see the results of my effort in a 'solid' format. It's nice to see cold hard numbers, as well as feel the burn in your muscles.

Off to work now. Another 10 hours on my feet.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment