If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Sunday 12 February 2012

Soooo Sore

Oh. My. God! I don't think I have ever been this sore in my whole, entire life. Not even the first time I did a body punp workout. Or when I danced. Or the numerous times waking up the morning after a body combat class and baing barely able to walk. Nope. Today has the honour of being the sorest day after a workout that I can remember.

Everything aches. And I mean EVERYTHING!!! My chest, back, biceps and legs I knew were going to ache. But everything does. My biceps and triceps. My hammys and my quads. My glutes and calves. My upper and lower back. My chest. My ABS! Oh my god, I struggled to sit up to get out of bed this morning. And I think I'll be struggling for a few more days yet. My muscles even hurt to touch. James ran a hand up my leg earlier, and you'd have think he had a razor blade in his hand, that's how much it hurt.


a nice inspiring quote
Via pinterest


But it was worth it.

I did TRX training yesterday and loved it. For those of you who don't know what TRX is, this is the contraption that I worked out on yesterday:

Via http://www.trxtraining.com
 It looks harmless doesn't it? What if I told you this was designed by a Navy Seal who needed something to use to workout while holed up in an abandoned warehouse on a mission? What if I told you that they use this to train the Navy Seals? And police? Firefighter? Elite athletes?

Doesn't look so harmless now does it?

It can also be used to train complete novices.

It folds up into it's own little carry bag and it is easy to transport places. It attaches to any stable pole, either vertical or horizontal, just as it is. If you have a door or wall mount, it attaches there too. So, it's great for training anytime anywhere. No excuses.

It also kicks butt.

Want to see some of the exercises? I know you do...
Via http://www.thetoughspot.com.au
So here we have an oblique crunch, a single leg squat, a chest press/push up and tricep extension.

.
Via pinterest

So, very easy to set up and very easy to use,. You can do almost any exercise you can think of on this thing. And it works on your strength, your flexibility, your co-ordination, and your stability, all in one go. And, if you put together a workout where you move from one exercise to the other quickly, you get a whole body strength workout and a cardio workout at the same time.

I'll add links when I get my access to the website too.

Going off to see if I can buy some workout gear (for outdoor PT sessions), like ladders and cones, and a heart rate monitor. I know, I should have one by now, but I don't. I like to actually see what I'm buying. Not that I think I'll have much luck, but we'll see. Hopefully the walking around will do wonders for my aching muscles.

1 comment:

  1. This post couldn't have come at a better time. I only heard about TRX today and have made a mental note to google it up. Looks like it's a challenging but very exciting workout! Can't wait to give it a try. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete