If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Tuesday 7 February 2012

12wbt pre-season task 5

Say it out loud.

This task asks us to basically tell the whole world that we're doing this 12wbt thing. Basically, shout it from the rooftops.

Now, that's just not me. And it's not that I don't like talking to people. Or telling them things. I do. But, it has been my experience that, once you tell someone that you are changing your lifestyle when it comes to food and fitness, they sabotage you. Maybe not consciously, or maliciously. But sabotage they do. And I honestly believe that, most people, most of the time, don't realise that they're doing it, or the impact it has.

Take the workmate who has been watching you eat salads and snack on friut for the last 2 weeks, who suddenly offers you a piece of chocolate saying 'just one bite won't hurt'. Or the family member who scoffs at your efforts. Or the partner who asks continually about your 'slimming/diet foods'. Or the friends who take you out, order chips, pizza and/or burgers with fries, say something they feel is completely harmless about your healthy fish, or chicken, or salad, convince you to have 'just one drink', which, of course leads to more which leads to the late night greasy preventative hangover cure?

I'm sure that most people don't mean it in a horrible way. I'm sure that, for the most part, most of them have no idea the impact their words have on us.

But, they're the reason I don't want to shout my commitment from the rooftops. I don't want to be sabotaged. I am quite capable of doing that myself. I don't need any help.
... go get the goals!
My mum is doing this with me. The other 12wbt-ers are doing this with me and you're here, reading this, so I guess you know as well. That's enough people, for me, who know I'm doing this.

So, here is my commitment:

I, Danni, commit myself to the 12 week body transformation. I commit to changing my body size, my food and exercise habits and my life.

I commit to eating clean and following Michelle's 1200 calorie a day limit. I commit to following, with few alterations, Michelle's diet plan.

I commit to exercising 6 days a week, no excuses. I commit to burning 500 calories at every session, and 1000 in my super session.

I commit that, at the end of these 12 weeks, I will be a healthier, fitter, slimmer version of me.

I commit to losing at least 10-15kg, and wearing a sexy size 10 (that fits properly, no muffin top) at the end of the 12 weeks.

I commit to having a severely smaller wardrobe, and having to buy new clothes in Canada because my wardrobe is to big. I commit to needing less space in my luggage, and taking up less space in my seat on the plane.

This is my commitment to myself, Michelle, and the rest of the 12wbt gang.

Wish me luck. I might need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment