If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree - Jim Rohn

Tuesday 21 February 2012

Blogger Challenge Week 1

I have decided to do the blogger challenge. Basically Nutritionally Yours has been good enough to organise this for us this round.

First blogger challenge: introductions. There are 10 questions for us to answer. And at first glance, they look fairly easy to answer. But, I've spent the last few days thinking, really thinking, about these answers.

So, here they are:

1. Tell us a little about yourself. What makes you, you?

This is such a deceptively simple question. But, how do you squash yourself down into a few words? How do you describe almost 25 years of life in such a short space? I'm not sure, but I'll try.

I'm 24 (25 in May). I'm a personl trainer, with a B Arts in Psychology. I have a love of travel, having been to Japan when I was 16, worked in a ski resort in California when I was 21, and went back to the US on a Contiki tour last year. I am currently in the process of filling out a work visa application for Canada and I can't wait. I am currently, and happily, single and have no desire to change that at the moment. I believe that things happen for a reason and you meet people for a reason. I have played almost every sport you can name for as long as I can remember. I went to uni and put on 30kg (I think, I never knew my weight before I stood on the scales and it said 90kg). I lost 10kg while I was still there.

I'm a dancer, singer, actor, major procrastinator, stubborn Taurus, oldest child, 2nd youngest in the entire extended family. I'm fiercely independent, loyal and strong. I love the arts, and miss gymnastics.

2. Why did you decide to do the 12WBT?

I joined the 12wbt primarily to lose weight. I know about exercise. I know about healthy eating. I'm a PT. But, I needed someone to be accountable to. I needed some new recipes. Some new meals that are healthy, cheap, easy and quick to prepare. Also, I'm moving to Canada, one of the fittest nations in the world. And, call it shallow, but I want to look good when I get there.

3. What are you hoping to achieve through the program?

I would love to lose the 16kg that will get me back to 65kg. But, if I can lose 11kg, and get back to 70kg, that will make me happy. I want to have a lifestyle change where healthy eating is the normal, and exercise is a habit.

4. Why have you decided to blog about the 12WBT? What will be the main focus (e.g, food, exercise, a bit of everything?)

I have been blogging for a while. I have a livejournal account where I have been blogging for a few years. Then I started this one about my own weight loss journey, so it was a natural progression to blog about this journey as well.

This blog will be a bit of everything. Food, exercise, mental things, personal things etc.

5. How will you be exercising this round? Gym, home, outdoors or a mixture?

Exercise will be a bit of everything. I have been a member of my gym for a few years. I have many workout DVDs to use at home. I like to run outdoors. So, exercise will be a mixture of things. The only thing that I wont be doing is gym classes. My town doesn't have any to offer so I can't do that.

6. What is your greatest strength that will help you?

I struggle to answer this question. I have determination. I have persistence. I am stubborn. But at the same time I'm a perfectionist. I have an all or nothing mentality. I tend to get bored easily. So, I'm not really sure.

7. What are you afraid of?

Failing? Succeeding? What lies at the end of the journey? Probably everything.

8. What are you looking forward to the most over the next 12 weeks?

My fitness levels increasing. My strength increasing. Getting new, healthy, yummy recipes under my belt. Being able to do a sit up without someone achoring my feet.

9. What is your downfall? Food? Exercise? How will you overcome this?

My biggest downfall is me. My tendency to procrastinate. To put things off. I can eat healthy. I've done this before and I've lost weight. I can exercise. I enjoy it, it's just the getting out the door. I need to stop procrastinating.

10. If you had to pick one word to motivate you over the next 12 weeks, what would you choose?

CANADA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment